TELEMEDICINE / TELEMONITORING SERVICES
Telemedicine allows healthcare professionals to diagnose, evaluate and treat patients’ medical conditions utilizing a telecommunications device. Our telemedicine program aims to expand the distance scope of patient care and services we provide to our patients especially those who live in remote areas or have inability to be seen in-person in a clinic or home visit setting.
It augments our robust home visit and transitional care service to improve access to patients and outcomes using HIPPA complaint video conferencing technology that is safe and approved. It is utilized mostly for select follow up visits once an initial in-person evaluation is conducted.
ProCenture home telemonitoring and remote-patient-monitoring service involves utilizing FDA approved machines or software to remotely monitor data related to patient’s health.
These data include parameters like the blood pressure, heart rate, pulse oximetry, temperature, etc.
Data is transmitted to us for analyzing by the physician or extender on regular basis to pre-emptively intervene on the patient abnormal results before medical conditions get worse.
The benefits of the Telemedicine and Telemonitoring program to patients include
- Decreasing hospital readmissions
- Decreasing unnecessary emergency room visits
- Decreasing travel expenses, and time
- Decreasing time away from work.
- Decreasing healthcare cost
- Improving management and monitoring of chronic Medical conditions
- Improving overall patient health and outcomes
- Improving constant communication between patients and physicians
Our telemedicine platform can video conference patients directly on their cell phone or via a tablet or computer and complies with standards set by HIPPA.